Because skin care starts with a good hygiene, it is important to choose the right cleanser. Contrary to popular belief, it is recommended to bathe your pet (even cats) to maintain the beauty of their coat and skin health.
Dermoscent®, pioneer in veterinary cosmeceuticals since 2003:
natural ingredient-based, easy to use and scientifically-proven
Cats clean themselves daily by licking , but even so, it may be necessary to bathe them if their coat is soiled (obesity, old age, etc.). For dogs, bathings should be more regular. However, bathing too often or with unsuitable shampoos can also be detrimental: irritation, itching, etc. It is therefore necessary to find the right balance:
- On average, once a month for animals with no particular dermatological disorder
- If your pet has a skin disorder, it is advised to consult your veterinarian who will prescribe a specific shampoo.
Which product to choose ?
The purpose of a hygiene product is to cleanse, eliminate bad odors, and improve the animal’s coat. Depending on the type of skin or hair, the chosen product may be:
- sebo-regulating, for skin prone to disorders such as dandruff, unpleasant odors, excessive hair loss, oily, dry or dull looking coat.
- soothing, for allergy-prone skin with redness, itching and dryness.
- purifying, for skin prone to skin microbial imbalances.
In addition to traditional shampoos, there are quicker and more convenient rinse-free solutions for pets with an aversion to water or for on-the-go cleansing.
Don’t hesitate to ask your veterinarian for advice, he will know how to help you choose the product your pet’s needs.
Discover Dermoscent® on https://www.dermoscent.com/accueil/en/